Brighton Memory Care
Memory Care is a special segment of our community here at Inglenook at Brighton. Our Memory Care program is based on the concept of “Person-Centered” care, which means knowing each and every resident with a focus on the whole person.
We want our residents to have more control over their daily lives, and respect their self-esteem in every encounter or activity.
There are 4 components to the Program here at Inglenook that have been designed by a nationally recognized Gerontologist and Industry Leader and put in place for our very special population here at Inglenook.
- The Daily Program
- The guiding principles of the Memory Care are evident in the Daily Program. These activities include; Individualized person centered care, Specialized Program and therapeutic activities, Lifelong learning for every encounter to maintain the connections that are important to a positive quality of life.
- The Dining Experience
- Our Dining Experience focuses on retained skills to remain independent. We encourage a sense of self with our residents’ ability to make choices. Hydration management is an important aspect to maintain health and minimizing urinary tract infections (UTI’s).
- High Staffing and Training Standards
- All staff are exposed to continuous training including tools such as formal training , meetings, Care and Compliance training modules as well as on-going in-services, utilizing both internal and external resources.
- Physical environment Modifications
- We have a unique, “Way-Finding Assistance” using color to assist residents with locations. Activity opportunities are set-up throughout to foster engagement and help residents identify familiar settings to reminisce and relate to where they may be at any given moment in their journey.
For a list of our standard accomodations, read about our Services & Amenities.